Basic information about East Lansing, MI
Population: 48,870 (2016)
East Lansing, Michigan is well known for Michigan State University. East Lansing is a destination for all people, of all ages.
There are more than 25 neighborhoods in East Lansing and six elementaries, one middle school (MacDonald Middle School), and East Lansing High School. Each neighborhood has their own associations that sponsor social events. Michigan State University is a premiere college and has more than 200 programs of study. East Lansing public schools have over 3,400 students in grades K-12. The district also includes small portions of neighboring Lansing, Lansing Township, and Meridian Township.
What does East Lansing have off campus?
- Hannah Community Center
- The "Habitrail", or Hamster Cage, or Gerbil Cage, is a large multicolored parking structure near campus.
- Saper Galleries, an award-winning art gallery serving clients internationally since 1978.
- Scene Metro space, the city sponsored art gallery located in the ground floor of the multicolored parking structure.
- East Lansing Family Aquatic Center.
- Trowbridge railroad junction.
What are some Local events in East Lansing, MI?
- The East Lansing Film Festival.
- East Lansing Art Festival.
- Great Lakes Folk Festival.
- In March, The Michigan High School Boys State Basketball Championship tournament is typically held at Michigan State University's Breslin Center.
- There are children's concerts held at East Lansing Hannah Community Center.
- The Solstice Jazz Festival is held in the summer.
- Each Friday and Saturday in Downtown East Lansing, the Summer Concert Series features live local music .
- The Moonlight Film Festival offers free movies on an outdoor big screen in Valley Court Park in downtown East Lansing.
- One Book One Community is a unique program that brings the city-university community.
- The Winter Glow features holiday activities, musical entertainment and merchant activities.
Are you looking for a home to buy or sell in East Lansing, MI?
Finding a realtor? Don't know how to find a realtor? You could always do a Google search for "Top real estate agents in East Lansing, MI."
Click here to visit and like my Facebook page!
I'm an experienced real estate agent and a few things I can offer:
- Home selling tips
- Marketing your home
- House staging tips
- How to stage your home
- Top tips to get the best offer
- Best improvements for home valuation
Selling your home is a process! Stressful, frustrating and draining is how I would describe, "the process for selling a home." Finding the right realtor can alleviate a certain amount of that stress. I can provide tips to sell your East Lansing, MI home. If you're looking to find real estate or townhomes in East Lansing, MI call (517) 285-5749. If you're a first time buyer, whatever first time buyer help or programs their are I will find them for you.